For those who would like to think further about Satan’s fall and God’s peculiar response to the kingdom of darkness (from a distinctly Reformed perspective), I’d encourage you to consider my book. It is entitled, “Satan’s Awful Idea: A Biblical Theology of Satan’s Fall and its Implications on the Unfolding Human Drama.”
Here are some questions that emerge and seek to be answered in this work:
- What could possibly convince angels to follow Satan in his mutinous designs? Would a mere expression of pride somehow persuade?
- 1 John 3:8b says, “The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil.” That is an incredible statement. What are these works? And how did Christ destroy them?
- Why is sin ironic? Why does it purchase the opposite of what it promises?
- Did Satan know that the cross would undue him? Did he foresee its effects?
- Knowing what terrible things would come to pass, why did God create the angel we now know as Satan?
- When were the elect angels confirmed in holiness?
Many other questions are raised and explored. So if your interest is at all piqued, I’d encourage you to give it a look. Merely click the image for the PDF. Or you can download it here.